What you can find in a RemitSCOPE regional profile
RemitScope country profiles provide information in the following four pillars:
Key figures on population, migration and remittances:contains relevant background information on migration and remittance flows for each region and its sub-regions, to help identify opportunities.
Markets:covers the competitive landscape in each region and its sub-regions from both a sending and receiving perspective. It includes the types of products offered, the key corridors, pricing and insight into de-risking issues.
Regulatory environment: provides comparative best practices data for regulators and gives companies an analysis of the key elements they will need to consider when entering a market, including supervision for anti-money laundering/combating the financing of terrorism (AML/CFT) and financial protection requirements..
Inclusive financial services: covers the level of access to financial services linked to remittances. Remittances offer an opportunity to expand the client base of financial service providers among the unbanked.
Each profile contains the following information: *1,2
Key figures on population, migration and remittance
- Volumes of remittances – in and out of the region
- Migrant stock
- Remittances as a share of gross domestic product (GDP)
- Remittance-reliant population
- Average cost to send/ receive US$200
- Remittance service providers (RSPs) operating in the market
- Key remittance corridors
- Corridor pricing (where available)
- De-risking environment
- Regulatory approach
- Agent licensing requirements
- Key regulatory statistics
Inclusive financial services
- Opportunities and challenges for digital finance
- Public-led initiatives to improve financial inclusion of migrant families
- Remittance-linked financial services
1For some data points, no information was publicly available or accessible to staff. This is indicated by either a blank field or the phrase “no information available online.”
2RemitSCOPE is a valuable resource that can be enhanced by the active involvement of stakeholders. Therefore, all interested parties are encouraged to provide input, data and comments to the hosts of the site at [email protected]