When: 16-19 June 2015
Where: Centro Congressi Stella Polare, Rho, Milan
next to the EXPO2015 site.
The fifth Global Forum on Remittances and Development (GFRD) is a unique event bringing together more than 400 policy-makers, private-sector stakeholders and civil-society leaders to pave the way for leveraging the development impact of remittances. The forum will open with the observance of the First International Day for Family Remittances on 16 June.
The forum is convened by the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD), the World Bank and the European Commission.
Keynote speakers on 16 June:
- Kanayo F. Nwanze, President of IFAD.
- H.M. Queen Maxima of the Netherlands, in her capacity as the United Nations Secretary-General’s Special Advocate for Inclusive Finance for Development.
- Enrico Morando, Vice Minister of Economy and Finance, Italy.
- Peter Sutherland, United Nations Special Representative of the Secretary-General for International Migration
- Gloria Grandolini, World Bank Sr. Director, Finance and Markets Global Practice.
Available for interviews:
IFAD: Kanayo F. Nwanze, President; Adolfo Brizzi, Director, Policy and Technical Advisory Division; Pedro De Vasconcelos, Funding Facility for Remittances.
The World Bank: Gloria Grandolini, Sr. Director, Finance and Markets Global Practice.
On 18 June the GFRD 2015 awards ceremony will take place. The GFRD 2015 awards recognize best practices in the field of remittances and development. Media are welcome to attend.
Media Advisory No: IFAD/04/2015
IFAD invests in rural people, empowering them to reduce poverty, increase food security, improve nutrition and strengthen resilience. Since 1978, we have provided over US$16.3 billion in grants and low-interest loans to projects that have reached about 438 million people.IFAD is an international financial institution and a specialized United Nations agency based in Rome – the UN’s food and agriculture hub.